GIB EzyBrace® Systems have been updated to offer improved design flexibility and further simplification.
The update includes:
1 – GIB EzyBrace® 2016 Design Software update
Improved user interface with simplified bracing design process and includes the new GIB® Bracing element GS2-NOM.
2 – New GIB® Bracing Element GS2-NOM
GS2- NOM allows internal walls lined with GIB® plasterboard on both sides and fastened off as per the standard fixing requirements of the current GIB® Site Guide to contribute to bracing resistance.
Key benefits of the GS2-NOM bracing element include:
- Potential to reduce the amount of fasteners and GIB HandiBracs® required to be used*.
- Encourages more even bracing distribution throughout the building.
- Allows most homes to be braced with a single lining type.
* Actual savings dependent on building and bracing design.
3 – Update to openings in bracing elements and ceiling diaphragms
- Large holes specification updated to use a more conservative methodology.
- Guidance included for fireplace flues and range hoods.
Visit gib.co.nz/ezybrace to download the latest GIB EzyBrace® design software, technical literature and CAD details.
Or call the GIB® Helpline on 0800 100 442 for technical assistance.