For five years Masons’ Barricade Building Wrap has been one of the most popular building wraps on the New Zealand market.
To meet demand, Masons have developed this product even further by producing a breathable, composite building wrap that is fire rated and suitable for all frame and cladding systems, with or without cavity.
Here’s where you would use Barricade FR building wrap:
- Where a fire retardant wrap is required.
- Where a strong, durable wrap is needed – including areas zoned as “very high” wind (NZS 3604) and “extra high” over-rigid wall underlays.
- With any cladding system – direct fixed and non-direct fixed, absorbent and non-absorbent.
- With timber or steel framing.
- As a non-rigid backing for stucco plaster.
- As part of a system with Mason’s All weather window flashing tape 40 BELOW, that adheres in all weather conditions.
- Barricade FR Wrap is a non-woven, fire retardant, water resistant, breathable wall underlay manufactured from quality synthetic spun bonded material with high UV qualities.
- Barricade FR has unique anti-fungal properties and resists UV exposure for up to 60 Days.
- Available in 2.74m, 1.37m and 0.6m soffit size rolls
Barricade FR meets New Zealand Building Code Standards* too:
- Tensile strength, edge tear resistance and resistance to water vapour transmission in accordance with ASNZS 4200.1
- Resistance to water penetration in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.1.4
- Surface water absorbency in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.6
- Air resistance to BS 6538.3
- Shrinkage in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.3
- pH of extract in accordance with AS/NZS 1301.421s
- Fire retardant in accordance with AS1530 Part 2 Flammability
The team at Masons visit architects and specifiers to keep them up to date with their products. This way designers can specify products that have the best outcome and give the builder that extra advantage. Get in touch with Masons to find out more.
* These tests have been carried out in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 23: